UK Tier 4 Visas

Immigration Advice on Studying in the UK

If you want to come to the UK to study at a school, college, or university, you will need to have an acceptance from your education provider and a Tier 4 Student Visa. The application can be complex, with a range of information needed to support your case. This includes proof of sufficient funds to support yourself while in the UK and documentary evidence that shows that you have been accepted and have an established academic history.

We provide 100% free advice. Ask us a question about your case and an expert will quickly reply with advice specific to you. Go on, why not ask?

If you want to study in the UK or work for a College who would like a licence to recruit overseas students but not sure how we can help you through every stage of the application. Post your questions here and our experts will reply quickly and completely free of charge.  We could save you thousands in legal fees.

If you have already had your acceptance letter, we will ensure that your visa application goes as smoothly as possible and so you have the best chance of success and can start your course on time. If you’re still unsure about what you want to study and where our team can help you figure out which is the best institution for you and even help with your application to enrol and also provide advice on your visa.

We have assisted students to move all over the world to continue their academic work, and know exactly how to complete your student visa application to help you do just that.


UK Immigration For Students

The Tier 4 Student Visa service offers overseas students the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications from reputable and government approved universities and colleges in the UK.

This UK Visa does not constitute a route to settlement or indefinite leave to remain, however, a visa for student immigration may allow you to switch to another UK immigration service without leaving the country, upon successful completion of your course.

If your course of study lasts less than 6 months, you may be able to enter the country under a UK Visitor Visa, often referred to as a Travel Visa or Tourist Visa.

However, the benefit of studying in the UK under a visa for students is that you will also be permitted to undertake limited employment and extend your visa if your course of study lasts longer than 4 years.


This type of UK visa is granted for the period of your course. If you are studying at degree level or above, you can stay for the full duration of your course, up to 4 years.

If your course is longer than 4 years, you can apply for a UK Visa Extension to finish your course.

If you are studying below degree, your Student Visa will allow you to stay for up to 3 years.

One route for staying in the UK beyond a course of study is through switching to a Tier 2 Work Permit. You will require a specific offer of employment from a British company. This is not a simple option in recent years but for a few, there is a possibility.

Global Visas assists students to make informed decisions about their futures through our service for students. We provide comprehensive advice on your visa applications and have access to a wide-range of universities, educational institutions, and administrative departments.


Who is Eligible for a Student Visa?

The new student route under the points based system introduces five key changes to the current system. Adult students applying to study abroad in the UK must:

  • Have a proven track record in studying before coming to the UK.
  • Have recognised qualifications equivalent to National Qualification Framework (NQF) in the UK education system.
  • Produce evidence of sufficient funds to pass a maintenance test.
  • Produce documents used to obtain an offer from the university or college sponsoring, such as qualification certificates.

A visa letter from the education provider is most important in the points-based assessment process while showing proof of maintenance fees to cover course fees and living expenses will also contribute to the points tally. These add up to a total of 40 points for this visa.

Can I Work?

Unlike a UK Visitor Visa, or Travel Visa application, applicants for study permits may take part-time or holiday work but must not engage in the following:

  • Work for more than 20 hours a week during term time (except in vacation periods), unless it is a work placement and part of a study program and the educational institution agrees.
  • Conduct business, be self-employed or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer.
  • Work full-time in a permanent job.

Spouse and Dependants

Spouse immigration under this visa is only permitted for married partners and unlike a Fiancé Visa or UK unmarried partner visa, your common-law or conjugal partner is not allowed to join you.

Married partners will be granted leave to remain for a period equal to that granted to the student. During this time, they must be able to support themselves either independently or with the help of the applicant.

There are five main UK Immigration Visa categories you can apply under:

Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 and Tier 5

How can we help you secure your visa?


“The Immigration Worldwide” believes in a pro-active approach and is thus successful in almost all of its visa processing endeavors. At “TIWW”, we believe in absolute transparency and proper information flow to ensure that you get what you need, in good time. Get in touch with us today to ensure that your dream of circumnavigating the globe for tourism or work is fulfilled with the least of effort.


UK Tier 4 Visas

Call Now! And get amazing discounts