New Zealand PR
Benefits of Permanent residency
- This visa allows you to stay in New Zealand indefinitely.
- You can leave and enter New Zealand any number of times within the initial period of two years after that it can be renewed if you meet the criteria.
- You can apply for citizenship after spending initial years on permanent residency status.
- It gives you unrestricted rights to study, live and work in New Zealand.
- For Education you need to pay domestic fees and not international fees.
- You can sponsor your relatives to become permanent residents if they meet the residency and assurance of support requirements.
- You will be entitled to get medical and social security benefit.
- Children born in New Zealand will be New Zealand citizens by birth.
What is New Zealand permanent residency process?
Well the PR process for New Zealand depends on the stream you have chosen to get permanent residency, i.e. family category visas, skilled migrant, work to residence, or residence from work, etc. To apply for PR, you first need to choose the category of visa you want to apply and after that apply for the same after reviewing the key requirements associated with that particular visa.
The work visa, i.e. SMC, Work to Residence and Residence to work etc. have the different requirements, processing time and application process, hence, you need to explore the each separately to find out, which category of visa suits your profile the best.
Below are the key visa categories to get Permanent residency in New Zealand:
- Family Category visa
What is New Zealand PR point’s calculator?
New Zealand has the point based system to select candidates under work visa categories. The points are allocated based on various profile factors, i.e. education, work experience, language proficiency, job offer, etc. factors. If you are able to secure 140 points, you will get selected for ITA (invitation to apply) for visa. You will be able to submit an EOI, if you have points 100-135, however, that doesn’t guarantee the ITA. Immigration NZ launch draws every fortnight to select the candidates, who are able to achieve the cut off marks for that particular draw.
Key to Success for point based NZ immigration system
Your chances of getting selected for ITA increase if you have any of the below:
- An employment offer for skilled job, or
- The bonus points achieved for having the work experience in an absolute skill shortage occupation.
What are the requirements of New Zealand PR?
In order to become eligible to apply for the NZ PR visa, you need to fulfill the basic criteria for the same. Below are the key requirements of NZ PR:
- You require to be 55 years or under
- Need to be in good health
- Need to be of good character
- You need to have a job offer for work (for sponsored work visa)
- You need to show the intent to fulfill the conditions of your visa
- You need to have the required experience to do the work you are offered
“The Immigration Worldwide” believes in a pro-active approach and is thus successful in almost all of its visa processing endeavors. At “TIWW”, we believe in absolute transparency and proper information flow to ensure that you get what you need, in good time. Get in touch with us today to ensure that your dream of circumnavigating the globe for tourism or work is fulfilled with the least of effort.